Monday, August 10, 2009

A Beautiful Distraction


One of the jobs in my life is not terribly creative but it is the source that sustains my families material expenses. I do it 3 days a week and thankfully I am fortunate enough to be able to work from my home office. I am most most grateful for that as it allows me to be available to my family when needed - by them or me!

One way I bring the creativity that I crave into this time is to surround myself with pleasures to my eye. There has been one recent addition. Its picture is above. I found it at a local antique store. It was described as a marmalade pot. I love the word 'marmalade'! Plus it is so beautiful - its shape, its amazing yellow colour. Since it arrived on my desk 2 weeks, I find myself being distracted by looking at it often! I love the simple pleasures! But what is most amusing is that it holds computer memory sticks - doesnt seem quite right does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment