Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Felting







I am so proud to say that, totally unprompted, P asked me to do some 'wet felting'. We havent wet felted for about one year (definitely in the warmer weather). But how could I refuse a request like that!
I was requested/directed to have it all set up for when she arrived home from music including a ladder - as she planned to make the biggest felt ball in the world. Z put a spanner in the works by attempting to help and the ball slowly began to fall apart.
Meanwhile, I have recently been taking the "slackers" approach and machine felting. I have been picking up old jumpers from the op shop. I am yet to find them in the brighest colours that I desire. It seems that most 100% wool jumpers in the op shops around here are in the mens section, and pink and purple are just not appearing for me. They need appear by Christmas (that's my polite request) as I have big plans for presents for our nieces.
One of my machine felting projects was thanks to a project pack from Spotlight. The turquoise jar - I knitted then machine felted it. I am very pleased with it and have started on another similar one but in a slightly different shape. Now that I am back into my crafting projects they are quickly piling up in a large holding pattern in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment