Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crazy Saturday


What a crazy day - trying to squeeze in the morning walk to the beach, the local church fair (didnt make that one ! - shame because it's only once a year and the only place I know that still has stick-jaw toffee), the local artisan market and swimming classes. We really wanted to make the local market because it is held at P's big school that she will attend next year and we needed to show Daddy the kindy playarea.

'Big school' - I cant believe it! I perplexed and perplexed! We visited every nearby public school except our zoned school because I was convinced it wasnt right for so many reasons. Finally I knew I had to visit the zoned school and each of my fears and concerns were alleviated one by one! Whoever would have thought ???? Not me..but I am happy and relieved! I still worry that its big and its not a Steiner education but it will be great! (Steiner just could not be justified for me with a 40minute drive each way each day - I will continue to be sad about that but that travel just doesnt fit with my perspective on life).
After a pleasing visit to big school and swimming lessons - all finished by 11.30am - we went onto P and Z's cousins 1st birthday party. It was a magnificent day and time spent in the park with family was a fantastic way to spend it. Sugar and no sleeps meant for a one book night and early to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment